Classes are offered 6 days per week, Monday - Saturday, with a variety of morning and evening times to accommodate your schedule. This exercise uses water resistance to develop strength and flexibility along with building cardiovascular endurance. No swimming skills are necessary; as participation is done in the shallow water and can be assisted in the deep water with floatation devices if desired. Check the pool calendar for class times!
There are four types of classes:
This is the most intense work-out offered along with the most available classes. These classes are taught with a combination of shallow and deep water activities. Please check the pool calendar for class times.
Deep Water Aerobics
This is a high resistance work-out with the entire class time taking place in the deep water with the assistance of floatation devices and water resistance equipment. These classes are held Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 5:00-6:00 p.m. and Saturday mornings at 8:00-9:00 a.m.
Shallow End Water Aerobics
This class is held completely in the shallow water and is less intense with less impact, focusing on keeping the muscles and joints healthy. This class is held Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 8:00-9:00 a.m.
This class is held completely in the shallow water and is the least intense class offered. It is designed to increase range of motion, increase flexibility, and ease stiffness. This class is held Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:00-9:45 a.m.
Some QUICK FACTS about Water Aerobics
- Good for ALL ages!
- Good for elderly individuals to help with joints by providing less impact
- You get a better workout in the water because you have more resistance without the pressure on your joints.
- 85% to 90% of your body's weight is supported when your chest is submerged.
- Average person burns 450-700 calories while working out in the water.
- Water Aerobics in the shallow end burns 790 calories! For just ONE hour!
- Water Aerobics in the combined shallow and deep water burn 620 calories! For just ONE hour!
- Water Aerobics in the deep end is 750 calories! For just ONE hour!
Lap Swim is available 6 days a week, Monday - Saturday with a variety of morning and evening times to accommodate your schedule. Lap time is available during all water aerobic classes as well. Lanes lines will be put in to assist with the swimming unison between swimmers and classes. Equipment is available for use to help add resistance in your swims. Check the pool calendar for class times!
||1 lap = down and back
||32 laps = 1 mile
||1 length =25 meters
||64 lengths = 1 mile
Some QUICK FACTS about Swimming
- You burn 790 calories when you swim ONE hour of the front or back crawl!
- When you swim your breast stroke for 45 minutes you burn 480 calories!
- Jogging in the deep end works all your muscles and for ONE hour you burn 750 calories!
- Your MUSCLES and JOINTS will thank you!